We are looking for Pet Nutritional Consultants for Pets!
Do you love pets? Are you passionate about educating other pet owners on the importance of good pet nutrition? Are you comfortable approaching new people and starting conversations? Are you recognized by your peers as a leader, someone who is energetic and results oriented?
We are looking for Pet Nutritional Consultants in your area! The primary focus of the role is to demonstrate, educate, and promote partnering client products to consumers in pet retail establishments.
Chuck Latham Associates (CLA) was founded in 1984 as a manufacturer’s rep firm in the farm and pet industries. Today, CLA is the largest pet specialty broker in the United States, providing nationwide sales and service coverage to major retailers, distributors and independents. CLA employs more than 1,000 demonstration, sales and service professionals throughout the US and Canada. With offices in Parker, Colorado, San Diego, Phoenix, and Atlanta, we are strategically located close to the headquarters of our major retail partners.
To be successful Pet Nutritional Consultant you must have:
Be energetic – we want people who are passionate about pets!
- Educate customers and help them make good choices for their pets’ nutritional needs
- Approach customers and engage them in conversations regarding vendors’ products
- Complete all assigned tasks on time and in full
- Maintain a working knowledge of a variety of vendors’ products
- Partner with store associates to ensure that the vendors’ products are maximized
- Use tablets and smart phones to demonstrate products’ features and benefits to potential customers
Our Part-time employees get GREAT BENEFITS:
- We have pet insurance
- We have a medical referral network for our part-time employees
- A flexible schedule – you schedule your events on the weekends within the framework
- Great pay - $11 – 13/hour depending on experience
- Great on-line and in-store training to help you be an expert!
- A chance to work with our furry friends every day!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional Job Requirements
- Some experience in the pet industry or experience working with pets, in a veterinarian clinic, pet store, pet groomer, kennel or specialty store.
- Willing to engage and educate pet parents about nutrition, and in-depth product knowledge consumers with varying product knowledge
- Able to customize dialogue to meet pet parent needs seamlessly, naturally and incorporate key product information into shopper interactions
- Willing and able to promote and sell the product that is being demonstrated
- Competent at working independently with little supervision.
- Knowledgeable about general merchandising principles.
- Self-confident when speaking in public and have excellent communication skills
- Committed to conducting 2 – 3 events per weekend in (4) hour shifts; with the potential to work in 2 stores per day for a total of 8+hours per weekend. Days will typically be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You are required to work every weekend.
- You must be responsible and accountable to work all your scheduled shifts as assigned without cancellation (except for an emergency).
- You must have access to the Internet, have good computer skills and experience with on-line reporting.
- To be considered you must have an acceptable MVR and be able to pass a thorough background check. Must be over 18, with a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and car insurance liability limits of 25/50/15.
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings.
- High school diploma
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Vet Tech training preferred.
- Standing for extended periods of time (usually 4 hour event times).
- Fast paced work environment - High volume high traffic retail locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to bend, squat and reach over your shoulder.
- Will be exposed to different types of animals.
Ability to travel with demonstration kits, and can transport demo table
Chuck Latham Associates, Inc. - 19 months ago
Chuck Latham Associates (CLA) is the premier Sales & Marketing agency in the Pet category – growing brands and businesses by...