Primary Responsibilities Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products. Reporting to Oil, Gas & Chemicals (OGC) Services, is a division of SGS, is the market leader in independent inspection, testing, verification and specialized technical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries.
Join a leader - SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
Specific responsibilities • Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel’s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
- Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of same.
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- Assist in other branch duties as assigned (Dispatching, filing, sampling disposal, etc.). Profile - High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- Ideal candidate should have at least 6 to12 month’s transferable experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
- Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
- Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet high.
- Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
- Must be able to carry up to 75 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Must have flexible schedule and be available 6 days (on call 24 hour basis). Able to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments.
- All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
- Must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment. (Will be provided with vehicle allowance.
- Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested). Skills • Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines
- High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations. Additional information - Depending on location, a company vehicle can be assigned. IF NOT, must have reliable insured vehicle and will be provided with car allowance..
- Our company vehicle policy states that sample containers must be stored in a separated compartment from the occupants’ compartment. Must be able to transport samples as per Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
SGS - 19 months ago
You know those little stickers that say "Inspected by 2438"? Meet 2438. SGS North America, a division of global testing and...