Terminal Operations Manager Job Description Flyers Energy seeks a new Terminal Manager in Reno, Nevada. Reno is home to the ACES baseball team, near LAKE TAHOE world-class skiing and stunning summer beaches and water sports. Reno International Airport. Nevada has NO INCOME TAX.
Salary DOE, send request. Range: $60-100K+ Relocation assistance provided.
Department : Engineering Job Status : Full-time
FLSA status : Non-Exempt (hourly) Reports to : Director of Engineering
Location : Sparks, NV Travel Required : less than 5%
Supervisory Responsibility : No Work Schedule : M-F, 7am-4pm,
The Terminal Manager leads and supervises day-to-day operations of the terminals including maintenance, compliance, record keeping and supervising terminal operators. Monitors pipeline activity, inventory and arranges for incoming shipments. Maintains and monitors Terminal systems and loading equipment. Performs quality control tests, supervises product loading, enforces safe practices, gauges storage tanks, maintain site files and uses Company computer programs to assist in Terminal operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and oversee incoming pipeline tenders of refined products and direct them into the appropriate storage tanks.
- Ensure that all loading equipment is limited to “down-time” due to equipment failure.
- Ensure all site equipment is kept in working order and that maintenance is conducted in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with state, county and federal regulations.
- Ensure proper RVP levels in accordance with state and county seasonal standards and regulations.
- Ensure product quality control through testing and monitoring.
- Responsible for the accuracy of daily reports and invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring that all fuels received and distributed are properly accounted for, all appropriate taxes are documented and paid and all guests are billed properly.
- Ensure all permits, certifications and testing are conducted in a timely manner in accordance with state, county and federal regulations.
- Facilitate communications with Company personnel to ensure accuracy of information necessary to maintain proper insurance coverage of the facility, equipment and business conducted.
- Maintain contractually obligated communications with carriers, with regards to product and additive testing.
- Maintain communications with state and local governmental and industry representatives to remain current on all upcoming industry legislative changes.
- Monthly P&L review to examine costs and efficiencies. Project yearly budget for Department.
- 24-hour on-call availability is necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Presents a neat, clean appearance in uniform as prescribed by the Company.
- Gives all guests prompt and courteous service.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations.
- Follow the work schedule as determined by Supervisor.
- Stay familiar with the Company Handbook and all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure Supervisor is made aware of any operating discrepancies.
- Properly records hours worked, complies with state/federal labor law, reports work concerns to supervisor.
- Work in a “SAFE” manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members.
REASONING ABILITY : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
MECHANICAL SKILLS : Ability/knowledge of equipment maintenance, repair and emergency response. Knowledge of machines related to all terminal operations.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS : Strong mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Able to perform these function using decimals and percentages. Read gauges, calculate percentages and volumes and accuracy keep detailed records of numbers.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Able to use a personal computer. Hardware and Software
use/experience/knowledge. Use of Google email and applications required. Email and MS Windows proficiency required. MS Office proficiency is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly
required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and drive. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to feel or handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Team member is able to climb the equivalent of 5 flights of stairs (up to 50 feet), perform manual gauging and sampling, and descend same distance within 15 minutes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, ADA Compliant. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Extensive knowledge of fuels, their properties and proper handling; Supervisory and enforcement skills; Working knowledge of EPA. 5 years’ experience as a terminal operator (preferably manager status) is required. Knowledge of DOT regulations as they relate to Loading Rack and Transportation operations; Reside within 15 miles of site to respond to emergency situations.
Approved HP/MT (HR/Engineering)