The RPS Group is a planning and development, energy resources and environmental consultancy with over 4,750 staff worldwide. RPS Energy is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, providing Technical, Commercial and Project Management Support services in the fields of operations, geoscience, engineering and HS&E to the energy sector worldwide. RPS Energy services the oil and gas, renewables and nuclear sectors from operating bases in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Malaysia.
Job title Petrophysicist
Location Houston, Texas USA
• Undertake petrophysical interpretation and analysis using appropriate techniques and technologies
• Provide petrophysical input to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production. This will include resource estimation and auditing
• Present data, interpretation and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires.
• Advise clients on petrophysics matters, often at a senior level.
• Act as Project Manager on some projects, maintaining frequent contact with the client and ensuring adherence to timescales and budgets.
• Support colleagues by assisting them with petrophysics knowledge.
• Able to perform analyses on minimal data in a variety of geological environments
• Experience in log data quality control, data loading, statistical characterization, normalizing, editing, processing and log plot preparation
• Able to perform rigorous, comprehensive petrophysical analyses, single-well or field study.
• Experience in using specialized software (for example Logic, Power Log, IP, Petra, Petrel, REP, Cristalball, etc.)
• Integration of well logs, core data, mud log, well test and production data.
• Technical reservoir description.
• Familiarity with 3D geological modeling and flow simulation modeling, in those requirements expected of petrophysicists and the way petrophysical deliverables are used.
• Some familiarity with cased-hole and production logging is a plus.
• Experience with clastic and carbonate reservoirs
• Some experience with unconventional reservoirs
• Evaluation and analysis of petrophysical data necessary for geologist and reservoir engineers for calculations of oil and gas reserves and for reservoir studies
• Perform quick look formation evaluation methods in support of audit and review of previous studies
• Use workstation based Petrophysical models to provide fully integrated field-study quality interpretations in support of geologic and reservoir modeling used in field development planning
• Provide technical support for open-hole and cased-hole logging acquisition planning, QC, and petrophysical analysis of well logs
• Make recommendations regarding Routine (RCA) and Special Core Analysis (SCAL) work to be done for measurement of petrophysical parameters. Design and supervise core analysis lab measurements in collaboration with other concerned staff
• Knowledge and skills are required for utilization of core analysis data, and log analysis calibration to core data, core data statistics and plots preparation
• Experience integrating log, core, seismic and post-completion data
• Performing Petrophysical Interpretation on a variety of development and exploration projects
• Working with other members to carry out all stages of petrophysical data preparation including, loading, checking, depth- matching, editing, making environmental corrections and merging of logging runs
• Producing comprehensive computer processed interpretations for porosity and fluid content in addition to other formation properties such as lithology, clay content, mineralogy, permeability, and fluid contacts
• Developing and applying field-specific interpretation models calibrated to core and test data.
• Utilizing petrophysical data concepts to generate relations between reservoir parameters such as water saturation and height, porosity and permeability, and log response and lithofacies
• Participating in multidisciplinary teams and assisting team member in developing and understanding integrated geological, geophysical and reservoir flow models
• Interfacing with geoscientist and engineering team members to provide conditioned logs and interpretation as input to quantitative geophysical interpretation
• Key contributor to the assessment of exploration project volumetrics
• Developing recommendations and justifications for data acquisition.
• B.S. (or higher) degree in geology or petroleum engineer
• 6 to 10 year relevant experience with an oil company, well logging Service Company, university, or a consultancy company
• Exploration, development and production evaluation
• Field development and revitalization
• Reserves and resources evaluation
• Ability to work on teams
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Some Spanish (desirable)
We are an equal opportunities employer.
RPS Group - 21 months ago