Forest Pharmaceuticals (FPI)
—a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc.—manufactures, distributes and sells Forest’s robust portfolio of products, which treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia. FPI’s sales force serves practitioners, hospitals, managed care organizations and pharmacies nationwide as the first point of contact for information about our health-improving therapies. FPI also operates manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities in St. Louis, MO, and Cincinnati, OH, which include customer services and sales representative support centers. With headquarters in New York City, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Divisional Sales Manager (DM) is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. This position staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The DM will need to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through their team; this includes the development of team members towards corporate growth.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years experience in medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with individuals in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Highly effective organizational skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Applies advanced presentation skills for the delivery of corporate approved materials.
- Working knowledge of institution (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determine actions to drive business or overcome challenges. Able to adapt to corporate reporting tools.
- Strong documented sales results over time.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 12 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...