External Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
* Responsible for selling, maintaining and documenting all sales activities for the AstraZeneca CNS portfolio of products to physicians in community mental health facilities as well as office-based practices, private practice, in group practices, in hospital settings, and CNS residency and fellowship programs within a defined geographic territory.
* Responsible for positioning AstraZeneca as a leader in the development and implementation of CNS products/practices that improve patient outcomes. The ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with Key Customers and patient advocacy groups is also necessary.
* Maintain a high level of clinical expertise by consistently utilizing all available medical information resources.
* Work with RAD and DSM's to develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory.
* Develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory.
* Develop and implement clinical sales presentations to groups of healthcare personnel during medical meetings, and the general public in health fairs and support groups.
* Maximize key physician contact by networking within accounts and at all medical meetings.
* Products sold include SEROQUEL XR and PRISTIQ.
* At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales, or at the discretion of those involved in the hiring process, related sales to physicians and hospitals such as medical equipment; or five years of experience in treating patients with CNS disorders, or in another CNS related business discipline.
* Experience and knowledge of CNS products and disorders, especially those associated in treating the chronic mentally ill is preferred.
* Experience selling and knowledge of CNS products or diseases preferred
* Experience selling in retail and non-retail settings including mental health clinics, hospitals, and office-based private practices.
* History of building and influencing customer relationships, and goal achievement
* Demonstrated clinical selling skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage PREP budget and to work through the PRA process
* Knowledge of medical equipment, territory management direct and in-direct sales processes
* Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, and presentation skills
* Problem solving skills
* Business administration skills
* Laptop computer skills
* Managed Care knowledge including prior authorization successes, demonstrated understanding of managed care contracting
* Proven ability to understand, internalize, and routinely present challenging scientific information
* Ability to freely accept, implement, and exchange best practices
AstraZeneca - 2 years ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...