Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear. Dermatology Sales We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The Senior/Professional Sales Consultant targets, promotes and sells dermatology products to Clinics, Hospitals, Physicians other specialized medical or healthcare providers. The Sales consultant manages his/her territory in
order to maintain existing physician groups and develop relationships with new physician groups to achieve district and corporate objectives.
As a member of the sales team, works closely with the RSM, other district team members and other groups internal &external, to achieve district and corporate objectives. They provide quality consultative
service, coordinates and integrates outside alliances, as well as other internal personnel & resources to fit customer needs. This territory will cover Iowa, Sioux Falls South Dakota and Omaha Nebraska. There will be overnight stays per month.
1.Customer focus/Building Positive Relationships-Penetration of large accounts and identifying key decision makers. Creative thought process in developing a customer base.
2.Create territory plan including goals and resource allocation (coverage, sampling, grant/education proposals, etc. for key customers.
3.Gain formulary acceptance/compliance with managed care accounts.
4.Scientific understanding of clinical papers.
5.Teaming with customers as a business partner-proactive in seeking out potential customers, maintain knowledge of long term trends and patterns to create account business plans
6.Utilize consultative skills in assisting customer with their business
7.Market/sell Bayer dermatology Products
8.Handle expense reports, IT tools, stay current on product information
9.Must follow Pharmaceutical Compliance Code.
10.Consistently meet or exceed established targets.
Develop relationships and business opportunities with Key Customers. Receive feedback, coaching, direction from RSM.
- The experienced Professional Sales Consultant position penetrates large accounts and identifies the key decision makers.
- He/she figures out how to see highly influential physicians who are not open to seeing pharmaceutical sales representatives.
- Learns how to deal with objections from customers, gain formulary acceptance and compliance in hospitals or managed care accounts.
- Knows how to balance time needed in front of customers in order to achieve expected results.
- Keeps skills and competencies updated.
- Knows how to plan.
- Knows how to compete and win in a competitive market place.
Collaborate with Regional Sales Directors in team effort related to key accounts and implementation of pull through programs.
Create a business plan decide on important targeted business for the territory, where there is the most impact and ROI.
Plan to effectively allocate resources to achieve goals.
- BA/BS required. Biological science or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 1or more years of pharmaceutical selling experience preferred.
- Consultative selling experience preferred.
- Valid driver†s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Residence in the Des Moines, IA area.
- BS Degree with 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and or experience.
- Must have 4 years of prior Pharmaceutical or related industry Sales Experience Must be organized, self-motivated, and possess advanced business knowledge (e.g. sales, marketing, finance) to meet/ exceed sales objectives.
- Proficient computer and software skills are needed to maintain and input sales territory records and to complete sales data and promotional information.
- Negotiation skills helpful
- Delivering Results Through Communicating and Properly Applying Effective Selling Skills
- Focusing on Customer Needs
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Building Effective Relationships
- Business Planning and Execution
- Product and Disease State Knowledge
Bayerjobs.com - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...