Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to e nsuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". US Sales Dermatology We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The Senior/Professional Sales Consultant targets, develops, assesses and maintains a thorough understanding of customer†players, contracts and long standing business relationships with key customers and in-depth knowledge of the key drivers, influences and prescribing patterns in the assigned territory. Provides quality consultative information to the Units professionals/customer. Sells, coordinates and promotes full range of Dermatology products/services within assigned territory. Acts as a leader to sales consultants. Services† existing accounts, develops prospects, and coordinates sales and marketing presentations. Territory includes state of Kentucky.
1. Customer focus/Building Positive Relationships-Penetration of large accounts and identifying key decision makers. Creative thought process in developing a customer base.
2. Create territory plan including goals and resource allocation (coverage, sampling, grant/education proposals, etc. for key customers).
3. Gain formulary acceptance/compliance with managed care accounts.
4. Scientific understanding of clinical papers.
5. Teaming with customers as a business partner-proactive in seeking out potential customers, maintain knowledge of long term trends and patterns to create account business plans
6. Utilize consultative skills in assisting customer with their business
7. Market/sell Dermatology Products
8. Handle expense reports, IT tools, stay current on product information
9. Must follow Pharmaceutical Compliance Code.
Networks within assigned managed care or hospital account in order to maintain ongoing partnerships obtain formulary status and enhance sales/business opportunities. Experience in long term trends and patterns in the district are utilized to help create district or account business plans. Occasionally will be called upon to share their exemplary skills with others in the district in a training capacity.
Works independently, builds strategic customer partnerships. Develop relationships and business opportunities with Key Customers. Receive feedback, coaching, direction from RSM. Collaborate with Regional Directors (Managed Care) in team effort related to key accounts and implementation of pull through programs. Create a business plan decide on important targeted business for the territory, where there is the most impact and ROI.
BS Degree with 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and or experience.
Must have 2 years of prior Pharma or related industry Sales Experience Preferred.
Must live in Lexington or Louisville Kentucky.
Other skills and competencies include:
- Must have a Valid Driver†s license and clean driving record. Ability to travel as necessary or required
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and possess advanced business knowledge (e.g. sales, marketing, finance) to meet/ exceed sales objectives
- Proficient computer and software skills are needed to maintain and input sales territory records and to complete sales data and promotional information
- Competent negotiation skills needed to assure return of investment on sales and service transactions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and management
- Delivering Results Through Communicating and Properly Applying Effective Selling Skills
- Focusing on Customer Needs
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Building Effective Relationships
- Business Planning and Execution
- Product and Disease State Knowledge
- BS Degree with 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and or experience.
- Must have 4 years of prior Pharma or related industry Sales Experience
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials...