* Responsible for developing /positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Interventional Cardiologists and with key accounts as appropriate
* Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
* Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
* Achieve and exceed sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment.
* Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
* Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
* Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
* Work with Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
* Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
* Use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools, and resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
* Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
* Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
* Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
* Work within a framework of AstraZeneca's Leadership Capabilities.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales required
* Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
* Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
Skills and Competencies
* Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred, but not required
* Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
* Leadership, self--motivation and initiative
* Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
* Be results oriented with demonstrated time
* Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential management skills
* Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
* A valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the anti-platelet, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and respiratory markets.
* Two or more years Hospital selling experience
* Experience in working with interventional cardiologist
* Experience influencing formulary decisions
Experience working with MIS s