The Hospital Sales Specialist will have primary focus on key Brand academic centers, affiliated institutions and some large community hospitals.
- Responsible for developing /positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Interventional Cardiologists and with key accounts as appropriate
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment.
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- Work with Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- Use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools, and resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- Work within a framework of AstraZeneca's Leadership Capabilities.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales required
- Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Leadership, self--motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the anti-platelet, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and respiratory markets.
- Two or more years Hospital selling experience
- Experience in working with interventional cardiologist
- Experience influencing formulary decisions
- Experience working with MIS s
AstraZeneca - 17 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...