1. Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, ensures the compounding and dispensing of all medications are accurate and timely in accordance with the pharmacy laws of the State of Texas and the Pharmacy policies and procedures.
2. Reviews and interprets physician medication orders ensuring appropriate therapy
3. Provides guidance to and supervision of pharmacy technicians, students and volunteer staff in accordance with State Board of Pharmacy Regulations
4. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
5. Assist in the development and maintenance of the Drug Formulary and Drug Utilization Evaluation (DUE) data collection
6. Assists other members of the staff in merging clinical and distributive functions.
7. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
8. Identifies and participates in the quality improvement and quality assurance programs of the department and within other service areas
9. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness
10. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
11. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
12. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
13. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
14. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the department.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy degree.
REQUIRED: Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Texas, ACPE IV Certification
PREFERRED: One-year previous hospital experience
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Individual must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
HCA Inc - 11 months ago