RPH-D - Pharm D
1 Year of Experience Required
The Clinical Specialist Pharmacist for Oncology serves as a member of a team of clinical specialists who provide unit-based services throughout the hospital. The Oncology Clinical Specialist has the following primary responsibilities:
- Provides clinical pharmacy services within the hospital and coordinates the activities of 2 outpatient infusion centers - Actively participates in any clinical trials affecting the area of oncology by evaluating, interpreting, and assisting in implementation of clinical trials, coordinating and assisting with patient dose modifications, side effects monitoring, and reporting of adverse drug reactions during clinical trials
- Ensures that investigational drugs are stored, dispensed and destroyed per protocol
- Functions in the role of consultant and educator of drug therapy to health care workers
- Serves as a resource for medical staff, nursing, ancillary professionals and the community regarding pharmacy service in oncology to ensure quality patient care
- Serves as a preceptor for PGY-1 residents and P4 students
Doctorate of pharmacy plus one year residency (PGY-1)required.
Must be licensed by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy.
Completion of PGY-2 in oncology highly preferred.
BCOP highly preferred .
Northeast Georgia Health System - 15 months ago
Northeast Georgia Health System in Gainesville, Georgia, is a not-for-profit community health system, dedicated to improving the health and...