Responsible for activities which support patients in the medical center. These include: filling and dispensing drugs and phamaceutical preparations as prescribed by medical staff members for administration to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely fashion
2. Resolves questions regarding formulary/ and non-formulary medications, knowledge of and follows policies and procedures
3. Provides dosing & therapeutic recommendations that take patient age/ kinetic variables based on literature
4. Performs clinical chart reviews on a scheduled basis
5. Performs Patient Care Unit inspections on a scheduled and timely basis
6. Prepares parenteral medications using sterile aseptic technique
7. Maintains adequate medication supply in the Pharmacy area and informs supervisor of impending shortages
8. Intervenes and documents interventions to correct/ improve pharmacotherapy
9. Reports adverse drug events and medication errors occurring in area serviced
10. Takes responsibility for the operation of the assigned Pharmacy area and activities of all supportive personnel
11. Adheres to Hospital's dress code
12. Maintains an acceptable attendance record
13. Keeps up to date by reading and attending workshops, conferences and C.E. programs to maintain professional competency
Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Preferred
All candidates must have a New York State license.
We encourage pharmacists with experience in institutional pharmacy practice as well as retail experience to apply.
Graduate pharmacy interns who plan to take the NYS licensing exam can apply also.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center