The Pharmacist Supervisor is responsible for the managing the day to day operations of a team of Pharmacists and Technicians. Monitors productivity and performance standards, plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees production volume to ensure service standards are met. Identifies and assists in resolving recurring issues impacting team key metrics. Provides input and recommendations for performance management and employee development. Conducts hiring, training and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team¿s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with Pharmacy Manager to develop policies, procedures and business work plan for team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
1. Schedule and monitor staff and day to day workflow. Develop employee¿s skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback. Oversees resolution of employee relations. Conducts hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
2. Develop, track and monitor employee¿s compliance to quality, service and production standards.
3. Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met. Assist Pharmacy Manager in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals. Address staff concerns and day to day operational, system, customer service, quality and professional issues. Work in production as needed.
4. Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided. Work with Pharmacy Manager to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
5. Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve. Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
6. Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
Formal Education and/or Training:
B.S or Pharm. D. in Pharmacy
Years of Experience:
3-5 years relevant experience, PBM experience preferred
Pharmacist License in good standing in the state in which the facility is located
Computer or Other Skills:
PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office
Knowledge and Abilities:
Good organizational ability; Strong attention to detail; Ability to work in fast-paced production environment; willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.