Under general supervision, is responsible for interpretation of physician's orders, review of patient therapy, dispensing of appropriate ordered medications, and performing all operational duties necessary within the inpatient and satellite services. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalent Certification approved by NABP.
- Current DC license as a Pharmacist.
- At least one year as a Pharmacist in a hospital setting preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to others.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to perform computerized procedures.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric and neonate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between age and the proper selection of drugs and drug pharmacokinetics in various age groups.
- Annual performance evaluations will measure the level of knowledge and skills maintained through the use of criteria-based job standards.
- Employees must maintain a satisfactory level of knowledge and skills to continue employment.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Pharmacist, Pharmacy, ASHP, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, CareerPharm, PPAG, Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group, Dosage, Dispensary, Medication
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...