Rasmussen College Adjunct faculty are primarily responsible for teaching assigned classes. They are contracted quarterly and may teach up to 3 classes per quarter. They are directly accountable to their students and Academic Dean.
We are currently looking for adjunct faculty to teach Pharmacology our Appleton, WI campus.
Additional Key Qualifications:
Must have a minimum of an Associate degree in Medical Assisting or RN, PharmD.
At least 3 years work experience.
Must be able to provide official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Must be within commutable distance to the Appleton campus.
Responsible for course material and updating the course syllabus.
- Classroom and Student Advisement
Assess student learning through varying methods (i.e. quizzes, tests, papers, group work or presentations).
Incorporate a variety of teaching methods in class to all levels of student capacity.
Provide academic and professional guidance for students.
Prompt response to student emails (within 48 hours of receipt).
Hold weekly office hours (1 hour for each course taught).
Submit grades on a weekly basis.
Develop a weekly lesson plan.
Facilitate online discussions with students.
Participate and complete New Faculty training.
- Professional Development and Campus Culture
- Attend and complete new faculty orientation and training including an online course.
- Encouraged to participate in campus events; graduation and all applicable training sessions.
- Participate in end of quarter faculty development.
- Participate in professional development activities that align with field of study.
- 2 years ago - save job