This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour variable shift: 7:00 am -3:30 pm or 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, including weekends.
- Graduate of a Pharmacy Tech program required
- Current California Pharmacy Tech licensure required without restriction/probation
- Minimum of 1 year current Pharm Tech experience in a hospital pharmacy environment
- Requires experience with sterile techniques
- Strong customer service skills required
- Knowledge of pharmacy terminology, trade, generic drug names, and metric system required
- Basic computer skills required
The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Prepares and distributes new and refill medications including: unit dose cassettes, IV solutions, chemotherapeutic agents, controlled substances, outpatient prescriptions and special preparations requiring compounding. Support automation technologies (Pyxis MedStation, Pyxis Profile, Automix, Euclid Re-packaging, PDX, etc.).
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 16 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...