*This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Health Care. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.*
Three months experience in a pharmacy setting.
Incumbents must not have been convicted within the past five years of a felony or within the past two years of any crimes associated with the unauthorized use of controlled substances.
Previous pharmacy technician experience preferred. Excellent customer service skills, proficient in the English language, good attention to detail, and ability to problem solve effectively, ability to follow policies and procedures, basic math skills and excellent communication skills.
This position manages prescription refill requests and coordinates prior authorization. Staff will organize sample medications in medical and behavioral health closets, coordinate vaccine supply and assist PharmD in special projects and tasks as needed.
1. Manage prescription refill requests (30% FTE)
- Record RF request in EMR
- Disseminate requests to providers
- Fax request to pharmacy
- Update pharmacy information in EMR
- Perform quality check on refill process at least monthly (Assure RF requests addressed within 48 hours and providers are entering medications into medication module.)
2. Coordinate prior authorization requests (30% FTE)
- Record PA request in EMR
- Contact patient's pharmacy for Rx insurance information (insurance name, patient ID number, insurance phone number)
- Call insurance to obtain prior authorization request forms
- Fill out form with patient's insurance information.
- Transfer PA form to provider to complete clinical information section unless provider has already supplied this information
- Fax completed PA form to insurance
- Once receive approval/denial from insurance, inform patient and patient's pharmacy
3. Organize sample medications in Pharmacy Room (10% FTE)
- Direct pharmaceutical reps (Inform reps of samples needed and procedure to log in samples)
- Verify reps have logged in sample properly
- Make labels (drug name, strength, lot #, exp date) as needed to affix to samples in medical area and place in correct closets.
- Rotate stocks based on expiration date each time putting up new samples
- Check for sample outdates at least monthly and dispose according to procedure
- Call pharmaceutical reps to request more samples as needed
- Make more sample log out sheets for providers as needed.
4. Coordinate vaccine supply (10% FTE)
- Inventory vaccine supply on monthly basis
- Order vaccines through MnVFC monhtly and through vaccineshoppe.com and Mckesson as needed
- Check in vaccine orders (verify received items to packing slip; rotate vaccine stock based on expiration date; log in lot# and expiration date for vaccines received in Vaccine Log Book)
- Update VIS sheets as needed
- Monitor vaccine temperature log twice daily
5. Coordinate clinic's pharmaceutical supply in medical area (10% FTE)
- Order pharmaceuticals as needed through Mckesson
- Put up orders
- Rotate stock
- Check for medication outdates at least monthly and dispose according to procedure
- Send outdated drugs to reverse distributor on quarterly basis
- Inventory and audit prescriber dispensing and Family Planning grant closets monthly
6. Other duties as defined by supervisor. (10%FTE)
*Assist PharmD in special projects and tasks as needed
CUHCC's mission is to seek health equity in our community by advancing the well-being of diverse people. The clinic is known for providing high quality care to diverse patients and is moving forward in improving timely access to care for patients.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Does this position require a background check?