Title: Pharmacy Business Consultant -Northern New Jersey - Consultant
Location: New Jersey-Hackensack
Other Locations: New York-New York-New York - FIELD New York City
Job Number: 13003914
JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Business Consultant -Consultant, Territory Sales- 13003914
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Direct Sales
Family: Territory Management - Dist
What Territory Management - Dist contributes to Cardinal Health
Territory Management is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a specified product line, business segment and/or geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
What is expected of you for success in your role
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs.
- Initiates and takes ownership of principles of territory management, including: account planning, selling processes, post-sales implementation processes, deal economics
- Identify and target new business and market development opportunities through cold calling and relationship development.
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Accountabilities in this role
The Pharmacy Business Consultant incorporates a consultative approach to fulfill customer needs by driving value added services that improve customer operational efficiencies and result in improving customer sales and margins. Candidate will call on independently owned pharmacies and Alternate Cares sites, as main customer base. Product offerings are selling intangible technology programs and services to pharmacies to help solve the overall operations solutions in their stores. This role has responsibility for:
- Assuming direct accountability for all aspects of the selling process within an assigned customer base
- Striving to improve customer loyalty and retention and drive deeper sales penetration within existing customer accounts with a primary emphasis on generic selling
- Analyzing opportunities and developing strategies to drive growth in generic product purchasing
- Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
- Achieving 100% customer retention; prepares presentations, reports, written recommendations and statistical reports as appropriate and/or as requested by sales management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years related sales experience
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services company that improves the...