SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: To assist the department in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with Omnicare’s established policies and procedures to assure that a complete pharmaceutical program is maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
• Assist in orientation, training and education programs for all controlled substance technicians in accordance with our policies and procedures.
• Compliance with State and Federal laws for controlled substances.
• Contacts physician (via fax or phone) on any narcotic prescriptions to receive a hard copy within the required time frame per State statutes.
• Assist in keeping accurate records of scheduled substances invoices.
• Assist in reviewing the narcotic Rx’s are back in timely manner.
• Run prescription logs, controlled drug logs, Rx cards; close out expired Rx’s (CII); ensure completion of CII file
• Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected. This will be conveyed to all pharmacy personnel.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
• Must have working knowledge of computers, data entry, output, etc.
• Minimum of three (3) months experience in a pharmaceutical setting or as a Certified Pharmacy Technician
• Have proven knowledge of federal, state and governmental regulations, preferred.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
The shift of this open position is Monday – Thursday, 7:30pm to 6am with rotating weekends.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 18 months ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...