To effectively direct and supervise the activities of all Pharmacy employees while providing high quality patient centered pharmacy services; to achieve the sales and profit goals established for the department as well as provide the highest standards of customer service to the store’s customers; to ensure that the work shifts of all department employees contribute to the best financial interests of the store
- Fill prescriptions accurately and follow all accuracy protocols to avoid mistakes.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress regulations, enforcing grooming standards throughout the department.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Have a self-development program.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature and duties of every staff position in the department including procedures, policies and operations.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned. Ensure that all subordinate department personnel do likewise.
- Plan and organize development plan including setting goals, prioritizing and organizing tasks and developing appropriate time lines.
- Conduct timely employee evaluations.
- Meet work schedule requirements consistently and punctually.
- Constantly maintain and uphold principles of patient care while providing superior customer service.
- Develops a system for keeping knowledge current so as to continually deliver up to date/accurate information in the provision of pharmacy service.
- Recognize company insurance programs and stay within plan parameters as outlined.
- Follow the ‘Flow System’ when filling prescriptions.
- Assist technicians with calling customer’s doctors concerning re-fills, when needed.
- Ensure that technicians apply pharmacy updates bi-monthly.
- Demonstrate ability to operate computer system.
- Input data accurately into the pharmacy system.
- Adhere to all state and federal guidelines concerning restrictions on drugs and procedures.
- Understand yearly licensing procedure for state and send application to board of Pharmacy to be processed.
- Achieve established gross profit contributions and labor budgets.
- Administer vaccinations following applicable State of Arizona Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Adhere to all HIPAA Regulations and uphold Patient Privacy rules.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Handle customer problems and concerns in a calm and professional manner.
- Review instructions on medications and counsel customers on side effects, etc. Have customers sign the logbook, acknowledging that they have been properly informed and counseled about the medication.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1st Service Plus Program.
- Responsible for ensuring that all department personnel are trained in the store’s method of performing department activities and functions.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Effectively supervise Pharmacy personnel.
- Effectively manage human resources through efficient scheduling of personnel to meet the needs of the department based on business volume and workloads.
- Notify store manager of personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
- Ensure that all sales are properly recorded into department registers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all cash handling procedure guidelines and company policies as related to One Touch Accounting.
- Notify store manager promptly of any problems with the register.
- Ring third party charges on a daily basis and turn them in to be processed by the pharmacy accounting office.
- Promptly report to management any suspicious activity with regard to cash control.
- Record all shift hours worked in the Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Achieve established benchmarks by working with a ‘sense of urgency’.
- Honestly keep breaks and lunches within the prescribed limits. Ensure that all department employees do likewise.
- Monitor Select-A-Sched weekly schedules for the Pharmacy Department, maintaining budgeted guidelines, and utilizing correct ratio of Techs (Certified or non certified) per pharmacist shift.
- Control department supply expenses according to set budgets.
- Control excessive use of supplies
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Delegate to Pharmacist and or Technician; Check and verify deliveries to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
- Take products to storage areas.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Ensure that all department personnel accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write-offs in accordance with company policies.
- Use correct pricing as determined by gross margin calculations established for the department.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates and pull out of code merchandise.
- Maintain inventory logs in accordance with DEA Guidelines.
- Conduct inventories on a scheduled basis.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as related to Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO).
- Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickups in accordance with such policy.
- Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage loses. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer and employee actions and behavior. Report to store management any abnormal behavior.
- Ensure that all department registers and equipment have been secured prior to personnel leaving such equipment unattended.
- Ensure Pharmacy is secure at all times in accordance with company and federal guidelines.
- Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Maintenance and Safety
- Comply with safety policies and procedures and ensure that all department personnel do also.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance.
- Ensure that all department equipment is correctly used and maintained in good working order.
- Immediately advise store manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Counters, tiles, mats-floors.
- Inside a pharmacy environment, moderate temperatures and adequate lighting.
Other Job Demands
- Basic math
- Seeing, Touch, Hearing
- Reading, speaking, and writing English
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Minimum BS in Pharmacy from accredited college of Pharmacy.
- Arizona State Board of Pharmacy RPh license in current/good standing.
- Obtain/maintain immunization certification. Newly hired pharmacists are to enroll in an approved certification course within 90 days of hire, and be fully licensed within 180 days of hire.
- Three years in retail pharmacy preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
Potential Career Path from this Position:
External Applicants: 1) Submit your Career Builder Application online now! AND
2) Complete a Fry's General Application by following this link: Fry's Application
Follow the “Careers" link at the bottom of the page under “About the Company"
Follow the “Store Opportunities" link on the left side under “Careers" (NOT the Pharmacy link)
-OR - You may follow this link: https://wss3a.unicru.com/hirepro/C244/applicant.jsp?content=search&Site=-3&k=no&Division=660
1) Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities website on the Fry’s Intranet (see Management for instructions if needed). (Please see below for a note on resume submission)
2) Your interest must be followed by your written “Associate Advancement Opportunity Form" with your Store Manager’s signature for recommendation. Please scan this form directly to Shannon Gentry or you may fax it to Talent Management at 623-936-2295.
Associate Advancement Opportunity Form and online interest must be received by Tuesday, April 23th, 2013, by 4:00 PM.
Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. It is strongly advised that you submit a resume to highlight your qualifications for the position, noting any Certification, Licensure, or previous Pharmacy experience.
When reviewing candidates for the position, previous experience, licensure, education, certification, and other qualification criteria will be considered. Not all applicants/candidates will be interviewed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion "
Kroger - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...