SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Pull and fill medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently, under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Assists the purchaser in restocking pharmacy shelves with supplies, medications, etc. as needed
- Initiates reordering of out of stock items or low inventory items
- May assist in quarterly physical inventory of pharmacy products
- Pre-pack, label and store medication as needed
High school diploma or equivalent
Registration with the Texas Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician is required.
Certification with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board is required.
Minimum of 2 years of working experience as a pharmacy technician is required.
IV Certification required.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
- Medical terminology a plus (abbreviations, brand/generic comparisons)
The shift of this open position is Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm and alternating one out of three weekends on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-6pm. This person will need to be flexible to cover other shifts as needed.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 18 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...