To increase the efficiency of the Pharmacy by assisting the Pharmacist to prepare prescriptions and maintain the Pharmacy department, as well as, provide the highest standards of customer service; to ensure the work shift contributes to the best financial interests of the Store.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code regulations, enforcing grooming standards throughout the department.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Be qualified, knowledgeable, able and prepared to perform all the duties required within the department.
- Ensure compliance with all State, County, and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Gather and record information needed to fill prescriptions.
- File written prescription forms.
- Help Pharmacist prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling containers, and pricing prescriptions.
- Process insurance forms and verify payment.
- Maintain cleanliness of counter and work areas on a continuous basis.
- Take medication to shelves.
- Receive refill requests from patients over the phone.
- Obtain patient health information.
- Develop knowledge about over-the-counter drugs and answer customer questions in accordance with Federal guidelines (Only Licensed Pharmacists may recommend over-the-counter drugs)
- Place completed prescriptions in the appropriate pick-up area.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive, and friendly department.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned.
- Plan and organize development plan including setting goals, prioritizing, and organizing tasks and developing appropriate time lines.
- Meet work schedule requirements consistently and punctually.
- Recognize company insurance programs.
- Demonstrate ability to operate computer system.
- Input data accurately into the pharmacy system.
- Adhere to all State and Federal guidelines concerning restrictions on drugs and procedures.
- Understand licensing procedure for State and send application to Board of Pharmacy to be processed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Adheres to all HIPAA regulations and upholds Patient Privacy rules.
- Protects Company confidential information including but not limited to: script count, customer count, etc.
- Greet all customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service. Smile and make eye contact.
- Handle customer problems and concerns in a calm and professional manner, refer to manager.
- Receive written prescriptions or telephoned refill requests.
- Help customers locate over-the-counter medications.
- Answer telephone and handle questions that do not require a Pharmacist’s expertise or judgment and according to State and Federal guidelines.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Program.
- Assist in training personnel when assigned.
- Always work as a team with the pharmacist, and follow his/her instructions precisely when filling medications.
- Maintain good communication in the department, store and throughout the organization.
- Notify manager or personnel of situations or policy violations having adverse effect on store operations performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
- Ensure that all sales are properly recorded into department registers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all cash handling procedure guidelines and company policies.
- Notify manager promptly of any problems with register.
- Promptly report to management any suspicious activity with regard to cash control.
- Record all shift hours worked in the Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Achieve established benchmarks by working with a ‘sense of urgency.’
- Honestly keep breaks and lunches within the prescribed time limits.
- Control excessive use of supplies.
- Ensures needed pharmacy supplies are well stocked at all times.
- Order medications and return medications as needed.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy, and product rotation.
- Check and verify deliveries to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
- Take products to storage areas.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Ensure that all department personnel accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write-offs in accordance with company policies.
- Use correct pricing as determined by gross margin calculations established for the department.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates and pull out of code merchandise.
- Maintains inventory logs in accordance with DEA Guidelines.
- Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickups in accordance with such policy.
- Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer and employee actions and behavior. Report to store management any abnormal behavior.
- Ensure that all department registers and equipment have been secured prior to personnel leaving such equipment unattended.
- Ensue Pharmacy is secure at all times in accordance with Company and Federal guidelines.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
Maintenance and Safety
- Comply fully with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with Store policy and State and local health regulations on a regular, on-going basis.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report any problems or malfunctions to your Store Manager/supervisor.
- Equipment to include (but not limited to): computer, printer, register, telephone, vials, bottles, caps, graduates, labels, scales, bags, office supplies, fax machine, medical supplies, and medications.
- Counters, tiles, mats-floors.
- Inside a pharmacy environment, moderate temperatures and adequate lighting.
- High School diploma or GED.
Other Job Demands
- Basic math
- Seeing, touch, hearing
- Reading, speaking, and writing English
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current & maintained Board Certification (PTCB Certified Technician) within 8 months of Pharmacy hire date
- Current & maintained Arizona State Board of Pharmacy Technician Licensure
Desired Qualifications and Previous Job Experience:
- Retail pharmacy experience preferred
- Other qualification criteria will be considered
Potential Career Path from this Position:
- Lead Technician
- Pharmacy ASP
External Applicants: 1) Submit your Career Builder Application online now! AND
2) Complete a Fry's General Application by following this link: Fry's Application
1) Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities website on the Fry’s Intranet (see Management for instructions if needed). (Please see below for a note on resume submission)
2) Your interest must be followed by your written “Associate Advancement Opportunity Form" with your Store Manager’s signature for recommendation. Please scan this form directly to your District Recruiter (preferred), or you may fax it to Talent Management at 623-936-2295.
Associate Advancement Opportunity Form and online interest must be received by Tuesday, February26th by 4:00 PM.
Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. It is strongly advised that you submit a resume to highlight your qualifications for the position, noting any Certification, Licensure, or previous Pharmacy experience.
When reviewing candidates for the position, previous experience, licensure, education, certification, and other qualification criteria will be considered. Not all applicants/candidates will be interviewed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion "
Kroger - 19 months ago