Summary: Performs duties of Pharmacy Technician I proficiently. Demonstrates additional skills in I.V. admixtures, calculations, and compounding or be a competent, effective trainer with ability to perform additional responsibilities for Pharmacy Administration as payroll, pricing, coordinating various clerical functions, or filling in for buyer and inventory control functions. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: % Of Time Spent
1. Performs duties of Pharmacy Technician Level I. (40%)
2. Assists with quality control and quality improvement activities. (5%)
3. Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacist, Assistant Director, or Director. (10%)
4. Pharmacy Technician Level II - IV Room: Demonstrates proficiency in mixing small volume parenterals, LVP's, chemotherapy, and TPN's and batch preparation of syringes. Assists I.V. Pharmacist with proper supply, storage, and disposal of all I.V. drugs and supplies. Assists I.V. Pharmacist with required record keeping. (45%)
**The Pharmacy Technician Level II who does not qualify by I.V. Room requirements, must demonstrate ability to perform three of the following: Perform as O.R. Satellite technician on a regular basis or for vacation and emergency coverage, including restocking and computer charging. Fill in for Pharmacy Buyer. Must be able to place an order via the MSI, check in orders, process invoices, and sign in controlled substances as required by department procedure. Complete primary training of new technicians or students adequately and be willing to do so routinely. Must demonstrate job proficiency, job knowledge, thoroughness, patience, a positive attitude and complete documentation. Keep payroll records, turn in time cards, and distribute checks. Do administrative typing on Word and/or assist Management with Computer Data Base entry or coordinating various clerical functions. Accurately enter complete orders for Nursing Home and fill and label Nursing Home orders. Assist with billing and record keeping and able to make Nursing Home weekly cart delivery. (45%)
5. Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacist, Assistant Director, or Director. (10%)
Proficient as a Pharmacy Technician or Certified Pharmacy Technician
Typing and simple math skills required
Verbal and cognitive ability are necessary
Current certificate/license as a pharmacy technician/intern in the State of Missouri
High school graduate or GED equivalent
1. Employee is required to occasionally sit and frequently stand and walk about the unit as well as to and from various departments.
2. Employee must frequently lift/carry light weight (20#) items and occasionally lift/carry medium weight (50#) items.
3. Employee must frequently reach forward and overhead and must occasionally bend, squat, crawl, kneel, climb, lift from floor to waist and lift from waist to overhead.
4. For repetitive action, employee is required to use simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation with both hands.
5. Employee is frequently exposed to CRT terminal work. Otherwise employee is exposed to a normal office environment where there is no discomfort due to temperature changes, dust, noise and the like.
(Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
Job Relationships: Member of a comprehensive healthcare team, including other healthcare providers, the patient, the patient’s family and significant others.
Mission: Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
Compassion: We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
Justice: We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
Excellence: We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
Stewardship: We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES – Friendly – Available – Caring – Efficient – Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.