Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, receives payment from members, & prepares medications for approval by pharmacist. May perform the duties of a Pharmacy Inventory Technician or a Pharmacy Admixture Technician.
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, & receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system & prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members' plan.
- Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
- Reconstitutes medications by mixing w/ fluids.
- Prepares intravenous prescriptions, topical ointments, & other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages.
- Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
- Receives payment for over-the-counter medications & medical supplies selected by members.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, & related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak w/ pharmacist regarding use of drugs & asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Orders & stocks drugs & supplies, assembles drugs & supplies for clinical departments, stocks crash carts, & performs other inventory duties.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Rotating schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- 1 year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Compliance w/ all state board of pharmacy rules & licensing requirements where applicable required.
- Active CPHT certification required. (Pharmacy students are exempted from the CPHT requirement where applicable).
Kaiser Permanente - 16 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...