Job: Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Parallon’s Supply Chain Solutions offers a shared services approach, perfected by one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. We provide consulting and outsourced services designed to optimize supply chain operations in the areas of Clinical Resource Management (CRM), value analysis, inventory utilization and product standardization, pharmacy order entry, operating room optimization, purchasing, accounts payable and distribution. The strength of Parallon’s Supply Chain Solutions is our people, operating experience, accountability and a commitment to excellence. We strive for continuous improvement and innovation for the facilities we support. Join our organization and our team as we strive to provide our customers with a top quality operation.
Make a difference in someone's life by joining us in the key role of: Pharmacy Technician for our East Florida Supply Chain Division.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist to fill prescriptions, deliver orders and perform other pharmacy service duties as required.
SUPERVISOR - Pharmacy Supervisor, Assistant Director or Pharmacy, Director as applicable
SUPERVISES - N/A
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Enters patient information accurately into Pharmacy Computer System Order Entry.
- Accurately prepares pharmaceutical orders in a timely manner.
- Efficiently delivers medications to appropriate areas.
- Can calculate appropriate medication doses based on patient's age: adult, pediatric, neonate, geriatric, and adolescent.
- Prioritizes work to prepare stat, now and waiting, in order of importance.
- Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Notifies pharmacist of workload status.
- Performs floor stock inspections accurately.
- Returns medications to stock and rotates stock.
- Orders medications when stock is low
- Performs IV preparation per established protocol.
- Performs chemotherapy preparation per established protocol.
- Maintains required documentation/logs.
- Generates required reports.
- Performs backup procedure correctly.
- Sends charges as per hospital protocol.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Practice and adhere to the 'Code of Conduct' philosophy and 'Mission and Value Statement'
- 2 years ago - save job
Parallon Business Solutions is committed to transforming the business of healthcare. Our strength is our people who are experienced in...