Handle billing functions and exceptions within a long-term care pharmacy. Work with insurance providers, nursing center staff andprescriber's office. Provide support and feedback regarding billing errors to pharmacy personnel. Support an environment thatpromotes optimal efficiencies, staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
Essential Job Duties:
* Perform prescription claims adjudications for all pharmacy insurance programs.* Handle Med-A billing to nursing facilities.* Provide prescription price quotes to nursing centers and prescriber's representatives.* Handle billing exceptions for the pharmacy.* Process short orders and partial fill prescriptions billing from pharmacy production.* Manage refill-to-soon rejections process.* Assist the pharmacy business office manager with all month-end closing functions and processes.* Process combine prescription billing (same drug with multiple doses).* Assist with prescription billing errors.* Analyze billing rejection errors and trends for continuous improvement opportunities.* Process and manage prior authorization prescription orders.* Handles prescription test claims.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* National CPhT certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, preferred
* At least one year of pharmacy billing experience, preferred
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
* Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors:
Computer skills, including fundamental knowledge of Windows based software programs, including but not limited to word processing and spreadsheet applications
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Program; specifically MS Excel is preferred
* Organization skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
* Ability to effectively and harmoniously interact with facility, group, division and company management and other employees at all levels; promotes teamwork and demonstrates strong professionalism
* Ability to communicate, perform and comprehend variables within the pharmacy operation
* Capable of providing excellent customer service to all external and internal customers
* Ability to adhere to regulatory and company compliance, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (OSHA,DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.)
* Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations
* Understand, promote and comply with rules and regulations governing residents' rights
* Ability to work and produce results under pressure.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Ongoing education through Golden University
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid trainings and certifications
* Mentoring programs and more
We are always seeking skilled professionals who are ready to take pride in their work and grow their expertise. We'll reward your dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and more. Join us and contribute your energy, experience and knowledge to redefining the future of care. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.
AlixaRx - 17 months ago
AlixaRx combines leading-edge technology with top clinical and operational talent.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional customer service...