• Learn the organization’s products/services and policies as preparation towards selling Phoenix Contact products/services.
• Pursue a defined course of basic training, covering the organization’s products/services and policies as outlined in the PHast Track Program.
• Learn selling techniques involved in marketing the organization’s products/services; learn the selling methods required based on the market served.
• Learn the organization’s prices, its manufacturing policy, its delivery policy and customer service policies.
• Accompany experienced sales personnel on selling missions to observe actual selling techniques performed by a seasoned, experienced individual and assist in these sales and in some cases sell alone.
• Learn marketing techniques by reading manuals, attending seminars and completing marketing projects for all product lines.
• Perform marketing projects which will assist the Product Marketing Manager in the implementation and coordination of marketing plans, programs and sales efforts within each product line for the Phoenix Contact Marketing Department.
• Utilize iAvenue as a communication, reporting, measurement and tracking tool to enhance productivity.
• Effectively communicate with the entire Phoenix Contact team, verbally and written.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge on all Phoenix Contact products/solutions.
• Spend time manning the Infomobile and working with field sales to coordinate all aspects of utilizing the Infomobile as a sales and marketing tool.
• Prepare reports on the subject matter covered and execute special assignments designed to indicate progress.
• Continue personal development through an effective skill building program as determined by the Project Engineering Manager, Director of Sales, and/or the Harrisburg Training Department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, or Business.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
• Ability to prioritize projects and assignments.
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to relocate as required and assigned.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Detailed reporting skills.
• Must be able to navigate and research the World Wide Web.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must be able to travel via airplane.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and travel via automobile for up to six hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (sample, demos, literature).
• Must be able to travel overnight.
• Comply with company dress code guidelines.
• Punctuality in all aspects is required.
• Timely reporting of expenses, sales call activity, and opportunity tracking (not to exceed two weeks).
• Attendance in accordance with company policies and participation in local, regional, and (inter)national meetings.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time (2-4 hours at a time).
• Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours at a time).
• Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)
Phoenix Contact - 19 months ago