The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
This position is responsible for administering and managing the day-to-day office administration services for the Houston, Texas office. S/he may also provide high level Philanthropy support including assisting in the development of fundraising, communications, conducting program data research, and/or producing narrative reports. S/he may coordinate central administrative processes, such as maintaining office supplies, general purchasing requests, and general office duties. This position reports to the Associate Director of Philanthropy and will assist with a variety of fundraising activities and strategies, provide database management, and plan and execute special events. S/He will also be responsible for managing the Associate Director of Philanthropy's calendar, meeting schedule, travel schedule and other duties as requested. This position includes frequent interaction with all members within the organization as well as donors, vendors, and business relations.
Desired Skills & Experience (education and years of experience, key competencies)
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience, Associate's degree and 4 years related experience, or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating multiple central administrative processes, such as facility management, telecommunications, general maintenance/repairs, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception, printing, maintaining office supplies.
- Experience in customer service and written/verbal communication with a wide range of people including employees, the public, vendors, or others.
- Experience or training in fundraising principles and coordinating projects and events.
- Experience using MS office, Word, Excel and Power Point, including database management skills.
- Experience using advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Experience manipulating, analyzing and/or interpreting data.
idealist.org - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard