Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at WRAIR . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist/Volunteer Recruiter for the Silver Spring, Maryland area.
a. Recognize position is within a clinical setting, with ethical and HIPAA-like requirements. Additionally, ICH GCP guidelines, FDA and military regulations and applicable state laws are in practice.
b. Utilize appropriate DCT standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study specific procedures (SSPs).
c. Prepare and/or assist in the design and update of various study documents.
d. Perform other duties as required and assigned.
e. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
a. Perform phlebotomy and specimen collections using standard techniques and universal precautions for approved research protocols.
b. Receive and/or assist in collection of other types of samples (e.g. stool, urine, nasal swabs).
c. Ensure specimen handling per protocol and department / study specific SOPs.
d. Maintain the chain of custody for each specimen from the time it is drawn or received through leaving control of the DCT.
e. Prepare and/or assist with maintenance of the specimen storage database. Utilize paper forms, computer software or web based applications to ensure proper accessioning of specimens for each study.
f. Assist with inventories of specimen collection material, in conjunction with other DCT staff.
g. Maintain lab order and cleanliness.
h. Assist study nurses in site preparation and required logistics for clinical study execution. This may include organizing transportation of supplies and room setups.
i. Assist with packaging and shipping clinical specimens as needed.
a. Assist the clinical research staff in the development of effective recruitment efforts (e.g. database searches, advertisements).
b. Place, maintain and track various recruitment advertising efforts (flyers, TV, radio, newspaper or web based ads, list servers, etc.).
c. Recruit volunteers and respond to inquiries by prospective research subjects (e.g. in person, over the phone, electronically) and track these efforts electronically.
d. Schedule and follow-up appointments of prospective research subjects for briefings and screenings.
e. Assist with maintaining volunteer database.
f. Prepare / assist with summarizing data as required for reports.
4. Provide technical assistance to CRM Headquarters as needed and participate on proposal writing projects when requested.
5. Provide all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
6. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
7. Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
1. Certification as a Phlebotomist with experience with Clinical Trial volunteer recruitment helpful.
2. Licensed LPN's are encouraged to apply.
3. Computer experience, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
4. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific/office procedures and techniques relating to position.
5. Physical Capabilities: work may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material.
6. Work Environment: laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and weekends.
7. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
8. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific/office procedures and techniques relating to position.
9. Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient
Clinical Research Management - 8 months ago