Summary: Collection of specimens in the Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency Services locations
· Confirms the identity of all patients utilizing 2 patient identifiers (inpatient) or confirming DOB (outpatient).
· All specimens are labeled in the presence of the patient, meeting labeling standards of the laboratory.
· Obtains blood samples in adequate amounts, utilizing appropriate tubes and labels.
· Receives and delivers specimens to the laboratory in a timely fashion.
· Properly utilizes the safety devices. Meeting expectations assumes zero needle stick incidents.
· Prioritizes multiple requests in order to maximize efficient operation. Responds to STAT requests within 30 minutes.
· Effectively communicates with coworkers the status of pending specimens, line collections and difficult collections.
· Completes review of draw list at the beginning and end of each shift.
Qualifications: High School Diploma. S uccessful completion of phlebotomy training program (with internship). Experience preferred.
Hours: Per Diem
Schedule: Varied Day Shifts
Union : SEIU
Steward Health Care - 19 months ago