The University of Illinois Hospital is seeking a professional to join Pathology Lab as as a Phlebotomist II for the University Village Family Clinic.This position performs phlebotomy and routine hematology procedures such as complete blood counts,sedimentation rates,sickle cell screens and urinalysis. The Phlebotomist II reports to the Draw Team Coordinator.
- Make decisions as to the completeness of specimens/specimen requests. Perform manual computer procedures for test requesting, cancelling or crediting tests ordered and verifying billing information.
- Prioritize and organize work. Greet patients, screen preparedness for tests requested, i.e., fasting, special If patient is adequately prepared, instruct patient to wait to be called. If patient is not prepared, give appropriate instructions and make return Answer phones for inquiries of results. Recall data via CRT, Trace results not yet posted. Refer problems to supervisor
- Assist other staff in monitoring expendable supplies.Stock drawing order supplies in supervisors' absence, as needed
- Process patient specimens for delivery to the laboratory
- Assess work flow and arrange with other supervisors temporary assistance in phlebotomy, as needed
High school graduation or equivalent
Possession of a current Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician or Certification Completion of one year of full time work experience performing the duties of a phlebotomy technician in an accredited laboratory within the last five years. This experience must include venipunctures, skin punctures, observation of arterial punctures, and orientation in a full service laboratory. (Full time experience is considered thirty-five hours per week)
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for Phlebotomtist II : C69402--.Phlebotomtist II
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your knowledge and experience, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application, not the resume. Please be sure to include an accurate email address and to check it regularly for UIC position updates or notices.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Friday, October 25, 2013 .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Job Board