This individual is responsible for performing a variety of clerical, administrative and technical functions including phlebotomy, data entry of test requests and results, preparation of specimens for testing and/or for sending to the reference laboratory, processing reference lab send-outs and operation of the mechanical sorting instruments ( PSD and PAM units at Central laboratory), maintenance of supplies for the department and other duties as assigned. (Must perform three of the four major categories listed previously).
In remote facilities, this individual may also perform limited waived and moderate complexity tests as authorized by the Director, act as a driver as required and will participate in the on-call rotation if applicable.
This position is based at the Munster Patient Service Center in Munster, IN.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous phlebotomy experience and/or training is required.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- A background in a medical laboratory and/or knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred.
For services pursuant to a leased employee between Alverno Clinical Laboratories, LLC and Professional Clinical Laboratories, LLC d/b/a PCL Alverno.
Weekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.