Contact alumni, parents, and friends of Point Loma Nazarene University via telephone for the purposes of soliciting financial support and strengthening relationships between the University and its supporters.
To obtain donations for the University Fund through phone conversations (minimum of $5,000 raised per student caller), to encourage participation in all university fundraising efforts, to obtain updated records (new addresses, phone numbers, and business information), and to create friendships and connections with alumni (between the ages of 18-90), parents, and friends of PLNU , donors and non-donors.
Calls must be conducted in a courteous and professional manner; our student callers serve as “ambassadors” of the university. In order to be most effective, student callers are trained in telemarketing techniques. Students are responsible for learning different giving areas and clubs, having knowledge of the university, updating biographical and demographic information of prospects, channeling constructive alumni response through supervisors and appropriate university officials, and maintaining standards of performance as set by the Phone-a-Thon Program Manager. Student callers will periodically be evaluated by the Phone-a-Thon Manager and must be able to work toward a series of goals. The Phone-a-Thon looks for diligent, detail-oriented students to fill these positions. Responsibility is a must. Student callers are expected to work two nights a week, Tuesday-Thursday, and to be punctual.
Must be currently enrolled at PLNU .
1. Experience in sales – Possess salesmanship qualities and practices.
2. Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to converse and build rapport via phone with unfamiliar individuals of all ages.
3. Be a positive representative of PLNU .
4. Be confident in asking for financial donations on behalf of the PLNU in a pleasant and respectful manner, min. of $25 and max of $2,500.
5. Possess the ability to demonstrate resilience and creativity when solicitations for financial support are declined.
6. Be enthusiastic and dedicated to the mission of PLNU and its future.
7. Possess the ability to maintain focus on one task for long periods of time.
8. Be well invested in PLNU yourself – Involved in extra-curricular activities.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sit for 3 hours at a time.
Submit application online.
Training session on February 4th.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Point Weekly is the student newspaper of Point Loma Nazarene University.
The views expressed on this Web site and in the print...