Come join Intel's premier research group! Intel Labs invent and validate new technologies, new methodologies, new processes and new business opportunities and they do it though employees who feel empowered. They build on invention to deliver innovation, balance aligned and exploratory research, and truly inspire a vision of tomorrow.
is a research effort at Intel to revolutionize computing platforms by creating optical communication devices using traditional silicon manufacturing techniques. Bringing optical technology into the computing industry will transform the way computers work and the value they provide to people.
We are looking for experienced candidates who have a passion for the photonics field and want to be part of a strong team
responsible for design, fabrication and characterization of high-speed optoelectronic devices and who drive the research and development of integrated silicon photonic chip suitable for low-cost high-volume optical transceiver packaging.
The ideal candidate should possess the following behavioral traits:
- Creative and have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and have strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Able to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for these positions. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a MS or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science or related technical fields
- Minimum 4 years of experience with optical communications, fiber optics, integrated optics, WDM technology, and/or semiconductor physics as related to photonics devices
- Minimum 4 years of experience in design, simulation, and characterization of photonic devices for optical communications or related fields of research
- 5+ years of experience in the above skill sets
- 3+ years of experience in planar photonic device or silicon photonics device design and simulation
USA-California, Santa Clara
Mar 6, 2013
May 6, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...