This position is located in Serra Mesa at Sharp Memorial Hospital Acute Physical Therapy.
8-hour shift, including weekends
- Internal candidates only (Sharp HealthCare employees)
- Graduate of an approved professional school or graduate of accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy required
- Current CPR (HCP) certificate required
- Current CA Physical Therapy licensure required
- Two (2) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy required
- Prior experience in Acute PT preferred
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, self-motivated and attentive to details
- Advanced handling techniques with neurologically impaired patients
- Must work well with a team
Evaluates and treats patients within the scope of care in a manner that is cost-effective and appropriate to the patient's diagnosis, age and culture, demonstrating clinical expertise, and the acquisition and training of new technique. Completes all documentation to meet regulatory and financial requirements. Provides cooperative and courteous services to internal and external customers as part of Sharp HealthCare's commitment to customer satisfaction. Supports department operations, participates in CQI activities and serves as a clinical resource to staff.
For more than 50 years, Sharp Memorial Rehabilitation Center has provided comprehensive rehabilitation services throughout San Diego County, such as inpatient rehabilitation following catastrophic strokes, brain injuries and spinal cord injuries; outpatient rehabilitation for neurological concerns, sprains, strains and injuries; and specialty therapy services for problems related to balance, speech, lymphedema and chronic pain. Our rehabilitation team has witnessed first-hand the triumphs that people achieve in the face of adversity. Their courage reinforces the passion we feel for the work we do, and drives us to provide the best outcomes for our patients.
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has awarded Sharp Memorial Rehabilitation Center with a special designation for the rehabilitation of patients with brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke and general rehabilitation designations.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 11 months ago