THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WWP OFFICES: San Diego, Seattle, Phoenix, or Colorado Springs.
Wounded Warrior Project Alumni Applicants : If you are a Wounded Warrior Project Alumnus and wish to apply, please click here . Attach a copy of your resume along with the title of the position you are applying for. After you have submitted your resume via email to the Warriors to Work team through the above link, please continue to the bottom of the job description to formally apply online to the opportunity. If you are not an Alumnus with Wounded Warrior Project please continue to the bottom of the page to submit your resume.
Responsible for planning, managing and executing WWP PH&W activities within assigned regions, including managing PH&W staff in assigned regional offices, identifying Warrior PH&W issues and matching Warrior needs with PH&W program offerings and other WWP available services and support. Managing and planning PH&W events and outreach within assigned areas with budgetary oversight and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies and/or develops methods for maintaining contact with Warriors, developing ongoing relationships with individual warriors in order to increase retention and participation in PH&W sponsored events and activities.
- Manages PH&W activities and regional staff, including developing retention plans, action plans, identifying potential activities and issues, determining appropriate PH&W programs and methods for resolving issues, and communicating with regional staff.
- Interacts with warriors and works as liaison with other WWP departments to ensure that PH&W issues are successfully resolved and communicated.
- Monitors Warrior attendance at PH&W events, traveling to PH&W events as needed and coordinating various retention and outreach efforts to ensure their attendance and participation in PH&W events.
- Manages tracking and reporting of regional staff KPI’s in Salesforce for PH&W programs.
- Travel as needed to specific PH&W events to provide an onsite presence and resource during the event activity to ensure Warrior participation and event’s success.
- Manages Regional Budget for team.
- Identify new programs and equipment available, making recommendations to WWP management regarding addition new programs or equipment to program.
- Develops health promotion initiatives for WWP staff to promote health and fitness amongst WWP’s workforce.
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or similar health management field of study required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fitness industry/allied health profession, health management, strength and conditioning and/or personal/athletic training preferred. Experience working with disabled individuals preferred. Military background/experience helpful. Maintains appropriate fitness industry certifications (CPR, First Aid). Demonstrate aptitude in adapted sports. One (1) to two (2) years minimum of staff management experience required. Moderate travel required.
- Highly motivated, passionate and creative team player with demonstrated commitment to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must possess a professional presence & demeanor.
- Must possess excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Must be a team player, with ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature and flexible manner.
- Able to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem-solve using excellent reasoning abilities and demonstrating sound judgment.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently and work well under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals in leadership and key community roles.
- Skill and ease in public and serving as representative for organization.
- Demonstrated ease and confidence in public speaking addressing diverse groups of individuals.
- Proven leadership abilities, preferably with experience supervising remote subordinates, including ability to lead, motivate, coach, and educate staff members.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Wounded Warrior Project - 19 months ago