Evaluates, plans, coordinates, administers and supervises Physical Therapy treatments to restore functional abilities, relieve pain, and prevent or
1. Performs and ensures safe, knowledgeable, age-specific patient care through the assessment, planning, coordination, supervision, and administration of
physical therapy services.
2. Conducts and documents in a timely manner, physical therapy assessments of the health status of individuals, families and groups by:
a) performing examinations, observations, interviews and written records.
b) reporting findings in a clear concise plan of care with defined goals and specified time frames for attainment.
c) reassesses, modifies, and refines plan of care as indicated based on changing health status and desires of the patient and/or family.
d) provides education to the patient, family members, and/or caregivers regarding health conditions, status, safety issues, and available resources.
3. Provides supervision and participates in assessments of individual performance of Physical Therapy Assistants, Rehabilitation Technicians, and
students performing clinical internships.
4. Participates in and on departmental and health system teams to insure the highest quality and efficient delivery of quality care.
5. Responsible for the safe and appropriate administration of traction services.
6. Performs value-added activities which result in positive financial performance and customer satisfaction.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Previous inpatient experience preferred.
Active Nebraska Physical Therapist license.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three months of employment.
Valid driver's license.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, hospital values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits Catholic Health Initiatives core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers CB\
Rehabilitation Therapy Services
NE-Kearney-Good Samaritan Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 11 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996 t...