At Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, we offer the professionally enriching career you'd expect from one of the nation's leading pediatric healthcare systems. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is ranked as one of the top children's hospitals nationwide, according to Parent magazine and U.S. News & World Report, plus we've made Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years running. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, generous paid time off, retirement, relocation and more.
As a member of our Rehab Team, a Physical Therapist will be able to work with a multi-disciplinary team and will have the opportunity to grow through our continuum of care including Acute Care, Inpatient Rehab, Day Rehab Program, Outpatient Rehab, and several specialty areas. Our dedication is to our patients and each other as we promote certifications and continuing education.
Your Dream Job is waiting. Are you Strong enough?
To provide the highest quality age-appropriate care for patients newborn to 21 years of age within the scope of practice and established standards for physical therapy. To function effectively as a member of the rehabilitation team. To support the mission of Children\u2019s Healthcare of Atlanta. To proactively support the efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and to promote a safe environment at Children's.
\u00b7 Graduate from accredited school with bachelor of science or basic master\u2019s degree in physical therapy.
\u00b7 Proof of Georgia licensure in Physical Therapy or eligible for Georgia licensure and proof of application.
\u00b7 BLS Certification is required within 30 days of hire
\u00b7 Knowledge of pediatric theory and practice.
\u00b7 Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information.
\u00b7 Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment.
\u00b7 Minimum of one-year pediatric experience in physical therapy and supervisory experience preferred.
1. Evaluates patients meeting established standards.
2. Plans and implements effective and appropriate treatment so that functional outcomes are achieved.
3. Completes documentation meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
4. Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
5. Provides supervision to Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides and students as assigned.
6. While clinical staff may serve a specific patient population, they have the potential to care for patients within the age population range served at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Clinical staff will have competencies that will incorporate age specific guidelines.
7. The licensed caregiver includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard