The Physical Therapist acts as a principal clinical resource and provides clinical knowledge and skills for the Inpatient Rehabilitation unit. Under the direction of the Patient Care Director, the Physical Therapist :
- Assesses patients and establishes appropriate, measurable and functional goals based on evaluation
- Participates in new program development and ensures the quality of the clinical program
- Treats patients according to department guidelines, including skills assessment
- Provides patient education and appropriate exercise handouts; provides training to family/caregivers
- Attends and contributes to team conferences on patient progress and discharge needs
- Maintains patient records and documents all patient care
- Connecticut licensure or eligible for licensure in the State of CT
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 yrs of clinical experience
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills are required
Additional Job Requirements:
- Treatment of patients requires moderate physical effort and occasional lifting of patients during the workday.
- Normal amount of light, heat and air in the workplace.
- Job hazards include:
- Occasional use of power and electrical equipment,
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, and
- Occasional lifting of patients.
- Contact with physicians, volunteers, students, nurses, patients, patients' families and hospital personnel.
Norwalk Hospital - 23 months ago