Summary of a Physical Therapist - Inpatient
Tri-State Rehabs' excellent compensation and benefits program awaits the Physical Therapist candidate seeking a 13-Week Travel Contract.
A Physical Therapist, as a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides rehabilitative care to patients of all ages helping individuals who have been injured or physically affected by illness to recover or improve function. A physical therapist must be able to evaluate a patient's condition and devise a customized physical rehabilitation and treatment plan to enhance strength, flexibility, range of motion, motor control, and reduce any pain, discomfort and swelling the patient is experiencing. Inpatient therapy patients could be placed in a couple of levels of inpatient therapy: acute, acute rehab, or sub acute rehab. In these settings, the patient is unable to return home as a result of their injury or illness and require intensive therapy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to develop interdisciplinary care plans for patients according to the physicians' prescriptions.
- Combining different treatment modalities such as heat/cold therapy, electrical stimulation, ultrasound and exercise.
- Teaching patients how to use devices such as crutches, wheelchairs or prostheses
- Helping patients stretch and exercise.
- Applying traction, massage, paraffin baths and other modalities
- Other Applicable Tasks and Responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position please contact:
Please visit our interactive job board at www.chsstaff.com to explore other exciting opportunities.
Tri-State Rehabilitation, a division of Capital Healthcare Solutions, is a national leader in healthcare staffing for Therapists. Talented Therapists and Medical Facilities such as general and surgical, teaching, and specialized hospitals, outpatient clinics, and skilled nursing facilities have turned to Tri-State for over a decade to find the perfect match.
We understand the commitment of those who devote themselves to healthcare. We embrace this commitment in all facets of our business as a leader in the healthcare staffing industry. Tri-State adheres to the highest performance standards, signifying our commitment to our Therapists, our Clients and the Patients that we collectively serve.
HealthCareerWeb.com - 11 months ago