Research Medical Center
is one of Kansas City's premier acute-care hospitals serving not only residents of Kansas City but the 150-mile surrounding region. Positioned on 60 acres, the campus is home to the 511-bed hospital, medical buildings, Research College of Nursing, and Research School of Nuclear Medicine in addition to the Radiology School. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, the highest national healthcare governing body, Research Medical Center provides a wide variety of services and specialties including a Cancer Center, Transplant Institute for kidney and pancreas transplants, Certified Stroke Center, and an award winning Cardiovascular Department.
Research Medical Center has a PRN opening available for an experienced or new graduate Physical Therapist wanting to expand their experience in a trauma center. The Physical Therapist will be exposed to a wide variety of patient cases in trauma, stroke center, neuro-ortho unit, and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The physical therapy department offers flexible work shifts including 8 or 10 hour shifts, free CEUs, shared governance, and opportunities for advancement.
The Inpatient Physical Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
Research Medical Center would like you to become a part of our growing professional team. This facility and its rich heritage continue to search for those individuals who wish to be a part of a strong tradition and great culture. Those who choose to work at Research Medical Center will enjoy the many experiences and opportunities they are afforded, as well as the teamwork and camaraderie that is promoted within. Research is known for its creative and innovative style of medical treatment. The nurses strive to provide excellent care. When you join this facility you must believe in providing the highest quality care.
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Research Medical Center offers a full range of medical, life, dental, disability, and vision, benefits, a PTO plan, paid sick leave, an attractive retirement and savings plan comprised of an employer funded retirement program, matching 401(k) savings plan, as well as on-site child care. Live your dream…..join the Research team !!
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- State licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
At Research Medical Center, our mission is to touch lives with hope, healing, comfort and care. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri,...