This position will include working in acute care, inpatient rehab and if needed, outpatient.
In accordance with physicians orders, the Physical Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Participates in patient discharge planning.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Physical Therapy.
- State of Georgia licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- EMG Certification a plus
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard