Job Title: Physical Therapist Assistant - Rehab Services- Brittany Bay
Job ID: 30677
Location: League City
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
LPTA - Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
3 years of related experience
Provides physical therapy services under the guidelines set by the practice act of TBPTE. Serves as a patient advocate assuring the delivery of physical therapy services. Meet legal, ethical and institutional standards while adhering to the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the department and organization.
Specific Job Related Duties
- - - This is an open-pooled position. Applicants' education/experience will be considered and the position may be filled at a lower or higher level, if appropriate.- - -
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Administers physical therapy treatment to patients relative to age, culture, and condition of patients served by area.
- Documents reports of clinical observation and treatment in the medical record.
- Communicates to patients, peers, family members, students, and team members regarding PT related information.
- Attends/represents Physical Therapy at rounds, clinics, and case conferences.
- Participates in goal setting and discharge planning.
- Delegates duties appropriately to physical therapy aids and monitors service delivery.
- Supervises physical therapy assistant students.
- Involved in the development and implementation of new programs/techniques in area of interest.
- Presents and/or teaches at workshops, in-services, or case presentations.
- Serves as a mentor to staff and students.
- Solves or addresses complex clinical issues.
- Adheres to internal controls established for departments.
- Performs related duties as required
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job