Reporting to the Rehabilitation Therapies Supervisor, the Staff Physical Therapist conducts comprehensive assessments of in and outpatients with physical and functional deficits, planning and implementing individual/group physical therapy treatments to promote mobility, reduce pain, restore function, prevent permanent disability and restore independence, using various treatment techniques. Collaborates with other disciplines to arrange for appropriate follow-up care and facilitates a successful return to home and work environments. Provides student training according to departmental guidelines and participates in continuous education.
- Work requires a Master’s or equivalent in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution.
- New grads welcome; experienced therapists encouraged to apply.
- Work requires a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts license or eligibility status.
- APTA and MCAPTA membership preferred.
- Work requires a current CPR certification.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families and various members of the health care team.
- Work requires analytical abilities sufficient to evaluate patients’ condition, capabilities and progress to develop appropriate treatment programs.