The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for working with other members of the rehabilitation team to provide quality care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with a variety of physical disabilities. The staff physical therapist will plan and implement treatment programs according to departmental policy with the goal of maximizing the patient's level of functioning and independence in daily life skills. The staff physical therapist is responsible for documenting services rendered and participating in ongoing evaluation of quality of care provided by the department. The staff physical therapist may be asked to supervise an assistant or a student after one year of experience.
This is for locations in: North Andover (Sutton Street) , Salem, Heverhill (Cedardale), and Lowell (Bridge Street). This is a Saturday ONLY position.
1. APTA member or eligible.
2. Licensed in state of facility site of hire (either NH or MA) and eligible for licensure in alternate state (and license to be obtained within 3 months of hire). Per Diems only need to be licensed in the state in which they will work.
3. Good general health and emotional stability.
4. Ability to bend, lift and assist with transfers and ambulation.
5 Adequate physical strength to assist with resistive activities.
6. Trained and certified bi-annually in CPR.
The physical demands of the job are as follows:
1. Frequent pulling, pushing and lifting a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested in situations exceeding this amount.
2. Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing.
3. Perform maximal assist/dependent transfers as necessary.
PD – Per Diem
Compensation & Benefits Overview