Under the direct supervision of a physical therapist, occupational therapist, occupational therapist assistant or physical therapist assistant, will assist with physical therapy interventions of physical modalities. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development over the lifespan for appropriate interaction with all patient population. Performs assigned housekeeping, clerical and transporter duties.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Certifications, Registration or Licensure:
- Is aware of indications and contraindications for each physical modality treatment, and reports back to the primary therapist when contraindications and/or any concerns regarding patient safety are noted.
- Is aware of indications and contraindications for general exercises, and reports back to the primary therapist when contraindications arise.
- Is aware of proper posture and body mechanics, and able to reinforce these principles to patients throughout their treatment session.
- Observes and respects patients’ rights to confidentiality, privacy and dignity.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies and maintains inventory in a safe and organized manner.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks including filling and cleaning whirlpools, maintaining clean linens, cleaning all treatment areas with disinfectant as per cleaning schedule, keeping all treatment areas neat and orderly.
- Completes patient treatments as assigned by a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant for the following modalities: heat, cold, ultrasound , traction, whirlpools, paraffin bath, electrical stimulation and, lymphopress.
- Maintains own annual competencies.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues with an emphasis on achievement and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of the patient served in their assigned area. Possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information relative to the patient’s age-specific needs and provide care needed, including but not limited to principles of growth and development, psychological needs, etc., as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues.
Minimum Knowledge and Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience:
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Displays interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients and all team members.
- Uses good judgment to act responsibly and independently.
- Possesses physical capabilities necessary to complete job duties.
Normal office environment
The primary intent of this job description is to set a fair and equitable rate of pay for this classification. Only those key duties necessary for proper job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
Mendelson Kornblum Orthopedic & Spine Specialists - 17 months ago