Responsible and accountable for provision of comprehensive physical therapy services within the Bloomington Hospital system including patient assessment, re-assessment, development and revision of treatment plan, progression of treatment, and discharge planning. Participates as an active department team member and promotes rehabilitation services in BH system and community. Collaborates with the patient/caregiver, referring physician, coworkers, and other health care professionals as needed. Other responsibilities include supervision and appropriate delegation of tasks to support staff and volunteers and provision of education to patients, students, staff, other health care providers, and to the community. Also participates as a mentor to coworkers, students and volunteers.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a CAPTE approved physical therapy curriculum required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Rehabilitation experience preferred; will hire new graduate.
- Healthcare Provider CPR or ability to attain certification.
- Licensed or temporary license to practice physical therpay in the state of Indiana.
- *Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking and Computer Usage
- Frequently (34 - 66%): Sitting, Twisting, Reaching, Kneeling/Squatting, and Bending/Stooping
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Climbing Stairs
- Rarely (< 1%): Crawling and Climbing Ladder
- Will occasionally carry up to 50 lbs and rarely carry above 51 lbs
- Will occasionally lift up to 100 lbs and rarely lift above 101 lbs
- Will occasionally pull up to 100 lbs and rarely above 101 lbs
- Will occasionally push 100 lbs and rarely above 101 lbs
Bloomington Hospital - 9 months ago