Physical Therapist Home Care – Rehab – Niagara County (MSHC): The physical therapist is responsible for providing service to the home care patient who has a physical impairment or delay and requires the skills of a therapist. The Physical Therapist designs and implements programs for the patient and family in accordance with agency standards and procedures. The Physical Therapist will also provide teaching to the family and caregivers as appropriate. May perform Early Intervention Program visits as approved and required. |
REPORTS TO: Manager Rehab
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Licensed by N.Y. State Department of Education Required
- Graduate of B.S. or M.S. degree program in Physical Therapy Required
Knowledge, skills, ability:
- One year supervised experience as a Physical Therapist
· Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must demonstrate the ability to adapt physical therapy techniques to the home/community setting.
- Must have knowledge of Physical Therapy procedures.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication.
- Physical assessment – Application of the assessment into the aging process; examples may include height/weight, skin integrity, ADLs, bowel and bladder control.
- Technical skills – incorporates knowledge of age related physical and mental changes in performing technical skills; examples may include appropriate site for IM injection, range of motion and feeding skills.