The Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for working with other members of the rehabilitation team to provide quality care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with a variety of physical disabilities. The Physical Therapy Assistant will co-plan and implement treatment programs according to departmental policy with the goal of maximizing the patient's level of functioning and documenting services rendered and participating in ongoing evaluation of quality of care provided by the department.
This is a Full Time 4o hour per week role.
1. APTA member or eligible.
2. Licensed in state of facility site of hire (either NH or MA) and eligible for licensure in alternate state (and license to be obtained within 3 months of hire). Per Diems only need to be licensed in the state in which they will work.
3. Good general health and emotional stability.
4. Ability to bend, lift or assist with transfers and ambulation.
5. Adequate physical strength to assist with resistive activities.
6. Trained and certified bi-annually in CPR.
7. If working in the Outpatient Department, the Staff PTA is required to work a minimum of two
evenings per week unless approved by the VP of OP Operations (Ambulatory Services) or
Assistant VP of OP Operations.
1. Frequent pulling, pushing and lifting a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested in situations exceeding this amount.
2. Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing.
3. Perform maximal assist/dependent transfers as necessary.
FT – Full time 64+
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Northeast Rehab - 2 years ago